What are the membership requirements for girls?
Membership as a Girl Scout is granted to any girl who:
- has made the Girl Scout Promise and accepted the Girl Scout Law
- has paid annual or other applicable membership dues
- meets applicable membership standards.
What are the membership requirements for adults?
Membership as a Girl Scout adult is granted to any person who:
- accepts the principles and beliefs as stated in the Preamble of the Constitution
- has paid annual, lifetime, or other applicable membership dues
- meets applicable membership standards.
What do Girl Scouts do?
Girls in grades K-5 might belong to a troop, learn new skills and earn badges, go on hikes, or head to camp for the first time. Older girls can dig deep into what interests them—they might learn to code, make a PSA, travel to new places, or go on an outdoor adventure. Did we mention the potential for earning college scholarships? Learn more about the different ways to participate.
What Girl Scout activities are most popular?
Girl Scouts offers programs to match almost any girl’s interests. Whether it’s camping and hiking, engaging in awesome science and math activities, exploring the environment, traveling the globe, learning first aid, running a cookie business, or building stronger friendships, girls discover all kinds of activities that stimulate their brains and strengthen their bodies. Looking for something else? Girl Scouts also lets girls build a unique experience around their own specific interests.
What is the best age for a girl to join Girl Scouts?
Any age is a good age to become a Girl Scout! We offer programs for girls from kindergarten to high school, and girls can participate in Girl Scouts from ages 5 to 18. (Girls who are 5 must be eligible for kindergarten; girls who are 18 must be enrolled in high school.) Learn more about Girl Scouts by age group (or grade level). Were you a Girl Scout? We also have an excellent alumnae network for adults.
When can we join?
Right now! In fact, it's always a good time to join Girl Scouts. Join in time for summer camp, before the new school year, or any time that works best for your family. We’re flexible and can tailor your girl’s experience to her needs.
How much does it cost to join Girl Scouts?
Girl Scouts is a great value! Membership starts at just $15, with additional program fees for some of the activities your girl attends. Of course, we don’t want fees to be a barrier, so definitely ask your local Girl Scout council about financial assistance.
What about safety?
Safety is a top priority for Girl Scouts. All activities are supervised, and we provide our volunteers with top-notch training and program resources. We also follow comprehensive safety guidelines tailored to individual activities and girls' ages.
How do I sign her up?
It's easy! Just click "JOIN NOW" and enter your zip code above and we'll direct you to your local Girl Scout council to find a troop or another opportunity near you.
Can parents and adults volunteer?
Yes! Be her cheerleader, guide, and mentor, helping her develop skills and confidence that will last a lifetime. Imagine all the smiles, the excitement, the memories made. Volunteer today.
What does a girl get from joining Girl Scouts?
Girl Scouts are happy and confident, and they thrive on new adventures and experiences. A Girl Scout knows she's having fun, but you'll know she's also gaining:
- Important financial literacy skills (math, anyone?) as she participates in the largest girl-run business in the world—the Girl Scout Cookie Program
- Healthy relationship skills that will help her navigate through her school years, especially as she moves into middle school and high school
- Knowledge that will help her in science classes as she builds robots, conducts amazing experiments with her friends, or explores the natural world around her
- Leadership skills that will make it easier for her to speak up in class and advocate for herself and others
Underneath the fun, the Girl Scout Leadership Experience is working to help girls:
- Realize a strong sense of self
- Develop positive values
- Gain practical life skills
- Seek challenges in the world
- Acquire critical thinking skills
- Cultivate healthy relationships
- Promote cooperation and team building
- Resolve conflicts
- Advance diversity in a multicultural world
- Feel connected to their local—and global—community
- Become resourceful problem solvers
- Identify community needs
- Advocate for themselves and others
- Educate and inspire others to act
- Feel empowered to make a difference in the world